Tuesday 5 February 2013

Welcome!

Welcome to OABunnies! (Old Age Bunnies that is.) We class an "OABunny" as a rabbit aged 5 or older.

With this blog I aim to highlight older rabbits in rescue and additional care needs you may need to consider if you want to take one (or two, or three, or four) on.

Some rabbits stay in rescue for years, so may not have started off in rescue as "old" but started off as youngsters, even babies, but got stuck maybe due to their "plainer" looks or being a bit more people shy than more friendly neighbours. Others end up in rescue in their "middle ages" after their family has got bored of caring for them or the kids have got bored of them. All very sad reasons!

These are my two rabbits, Bob and Pat, who I adopted when they were 4 years old and they are now 6 years old. They chose me and make me laugh every day!


No comments:

Post a Comment